terça-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2023

The pursuit of happyness

 


ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPTION:

Before the scene: Chris Gardner is looking for a job to feed his family. Because of this, he goes to the job interview. For this interview Chris Gardner is a bit dirty and tries to win over the boss with humor.  

-Chris Gardner: Chris Gardner. How are you? Good morning.

Chris Gardner.

Chris Gardner. Good to see you again.

Chris Gardner. Pleasure.

I´ve been sitting there for the last half-hour trying to come up with a story that would explain my being here dressed like this.

And I wanted to come up with a story that would demonstrate qualities that I´m sure you all admire here, like earnestness or diligence. Team-playing, something. And I couldn´t think of anything.

So the truth is…I was arrested for failure to pay parking tickets.

-Jay: Parking tickets?

-Chris Gardner: And I ran all the way here from the Polk Station, the police station.

-Boss: What were you doing before you were arrested?

- Chris Gardner: I was painting my apartment.

-Boss: Is it dry now?.

- Chris Gardner: I hope so.

-Boss: Jay says you´re pretty determined.

-Jay: He´s been waiting outside the front of the building with some 20 kilos jigger for over a month.

-Boss: He said you´re clever.

- Chris Gardner: Well, I like to think so.

-Boss: And you want to learn this business?

- Chris Gardner: Yes, sir, I wanna learn.

-Boss: Have you already started learning on your own?

- Chris Gardner: Absolutely.

-Boss: Jay?

-Jay: Yes, sir?

-Boss: How many times have you seen Chris?

-Jay: I don´t know. One too many, apparently.

- Boss: Was he ever dressed like this?

-Jay: No. Jacket and tie.

-Boss: First in you class in high school?

- Chris Gardner: Yes, sir.

-Boss: How many in the class?

- Chris Gardner: Twelve. It was a small town.

-Boss: I´ll say.

- Chris Gardner: But I was also first in my radar class in the Navy, and that was a class of twenty.

Can I say something? I´m the type of person if you ask me a question, and I don´t know the answer, I´m gonna tell you that I don´t know. But I bet you what. I know how to find the answer, and I will find the answer.

Is that fair enough?

-Boss: Chris. What would you say if a guy walked in for an interview, without a shirt on, and I hired him? What would you say?

- Chris Gardner: He must have had on some really nice pants.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário